Abdominal fat affects the body more than we think and, therefore, here we provide 8 points with the most relevant and often little known aspects about this type of fat. The objective is to remember the importance of controlling overweight, especially the fat located in the belly, to avoid problems such as diabetes or erectile dysfunction, among others. The excess of fat not only looks aesthetically bad, it is also very bad for the health, this is an interesting topic but one of the most efficient health measures is the pressure, for example when you make a gastric sleeve in Tijuana your habits of health will improve by the pressure of maintaining your good figure.
1. Abdominal fat can affect the sex life of men. Men who have a significant accumulation of abdominal fat, the well-known beer belly, have less muscle mass and their energy levels and libido decrease compared to men who are in shape. In addition, one of the main consequences of diabetes in men is erectile dysfunction, which ends up affecting 30-50% of those who suffer from the disease.
2. The perimeter of the waist is a good indicator of health in our body: With an established maximum of 88 cm in women and 102 cm in men, overcoming these measures indicates that the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases and / or diabetes is 3 times greater in comparison with those people who do not reach these dimensions. In turn, the accumulation of fats in the abdomen increases the risk of mortality by 20%.
3. Abdominal fat is metabolically more active. There are two types of fat, one that is subcutaneous that is deposited under the skin and does not involve normal health problems and metabolically active that is deposited mostly in the abdominal area. This fat is easy to eliminate at the beginning, but if it is deposited for a long time in the abdominal area it costs more to eliminate, reaching complications in the organs of the body and increasing the resistance to insulin, leading to a greater uncontrolled blood sugar.
4. People with abdominal fat accumulation are more likely to suffer type 2 diabetes. Abdominal fat increases the chances of suffering from type 2 diabetes. Men with waist circumference greater than 102 cm are 22 times more likely to develop type diabetes 2 whereas in women with a waist higher than 88 cm they are almost 32 times more likely to develop this disease.
5. Reducing abdominal fat is a good option to control type 2 diabetes. Losing weight is a very good option to control or prevent type 2 diabetes. To do this, there are weight loss treatments under medical supervision.
6. The accumulation of fat in the abdominal area is more common in men than women. Generally women accumulate their body fat around hips, buttocks and thighs, which does not directly affect internal organs. On the other hand, most of the men concentrate it in their abdominal area, becoming a problem for their health.
7. Diabetics lose less abdominal fat than people who do not have diabetes. A study on physical exercise in diabetics revealed that in the same period of time and with the same physical exercises diabetics only lost 4% of their abdominal fat, while people who did not suffer from this disease reduced their levels by 13%. That is why it is important that weight loss treatments for diabetics are also marked a goal of PC reduction.